Saturday, May 17, 2008

HOW MANY WAYS DO I HAVE TO HIDE MY PA BEHAVIOR?




MY OWN PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE EXCUSES

In order to be able to continue doing a successful career as a PA person, one has to find good reasons to "normalize" and explain the insanity-producing behaviors....

When other persons very near you confront you with their pains caused by your behavior, it's good to be prepared with the logical, rational answers that will send them packing, back into their own confusion:

Do you need help coming up with those defensive phrases? here is a very useful list:

*People take advantage of my giving nature.
*I do "too much" for others.
*People are angry with me for no good reason.
*Some people want to use me and care nothing about me.
*I forget sometimes, doesn't everyone?
*I must do it my way or I lose all respect.
*I hate being told what to do or being pressured.
*I'll lose respect if I give in.
*I'll do this in my own time. I'm in no hurry--screw them.
*I hate deadlines. They can wait.
*Being angry isn't me--I won't give in.
*I'm not a conformist--I refuse to be another brick in the wall.
*I know I promised, but things came up.
*People try real hard to control and dominate me. Not.
*I'm nothing if I let others take advantage of me.
*It's easier to fib than to get in a possible argument. They always win anyway.
*Others put too many demands on me.
*No one dominates me.
*They have no right to be upset with me--I really tried.
*Do not lecture me.
*Authorities demand too much and interfere too much.
*I must be approved and accepted, but not controlled or dominated.
*Bosses, lovers, teachers are always trying to get over, get the most out of me. They can wait.


The list is courtesy of: http://www.emoclear.com/clusters/passiveaggressive.html

No comments: